In the 1700s the village of Purton lay on the direct route between Oxford and Bristol. It is recorded that John Wesley rode on horseback into Purton in 1740 where he ‘ate and conversed’, probably the first of many visits. It was over 100 years later that the first Methodist building is recorded and the Methodist community has been active in worship and service in the life of the village to this day. Working with St. Mary’s Anglican congregation in a LEP since 1999 has brought a shared youth worker, united services, coffee and chat and many other activities to share the love of God with the community.
Rev David Perkins
1 Garraways, Woodshaw, Wootton Bassett, SN4 8LT
Morning service @ 10:30am